1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Cream the butter until soft and smooth. Then add in the dry ingredients and mix well until combined.
2. Divide the dough in several parts and roll it out so that it is not too thin (about 1/2 in). Cut out even circles (or any shape for that matter) and place them on a greased baking sheet.
3. Make sure you don't touch the dough too much because the butter makes it susceptible to heat and will make it harder to work with.
4. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and let them cool. Then, add the dulce de leche filling on to one side of one cookie and top it with another cookie. You can make your own variation of alfajores with Nutella, strawberry jam, or anything you wish!
5. Sprinkle sifted powdered sugar on top to add the finishing touches. You can also decorate the alfajores with frosting on top and turn them into your favorite holiday cookies!