1. In a large dutch oven or pot, melt the butter, add the chopped onion, red pepper, chilli pepper, and garlic. Saute until it’s soft.
2. Add the chourico or linguica sausage and cook for a few minutes longer. Add the canned tomatoes and diced potatoes if you are using it.
3. Add oregano, thyme, salt and ground pepper.
4. Stir until it is well combined and add the stock or combination of stock and wine.
5. Simmer for 10 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
5. Add the mussels, let cook for a few minutes, then add in other fish and simmer a little longer until cooked about 3 to 5 minutes.
5. Garnish with fresh parsley and add hot pepper sauce if needed (to taste).
Recipe adapted from: - https://portugueserecipes.ca/recipe/440/14/Portuguese-Fish-Stew-Recipe